Japan Residence by InvestmentMarch 21, 2019
Latvia Residence by InvestmentMarch 21, 2019
Jordan Citizenship by Investment
Jordan first established naturalization by investment in 1999 with its investment promotion legislation. The Jordan citizenship by investment (CBI) program was never a popular route for foreign investors, but in the last few years it has resurfaced as many high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) from the Middle East are looking for security in another country and Jordan has been relatively stable in a tormented region. Many HNWI from Syria and Palestine have applied to this program in the last few years. The Jordanian passport is not highly rated and doesn’t provide visa-free travel to Europe.
Learn also about the Turkey Citizenship by Investment program.
There are a few investment possibilities for those looking for naturalization.
- Bank deposit: Invest in a zero-interest, five-year $1.5 million deposit at the Central Bank of Jordan (CBJ)
- Treasury bonds: buying treasury bonds valued $1.5 million at an interest rate to be decided by CBJ for a period of 10 years.
- Securities: Buy securities, valued at $1.5 million from an active investment portfolio.
- Small and Medium Enterprises: Invest $1 million in SMEs for five years
- Investment project: Make $2 million investments in any location in the country, or $1.5 million if the project is registered in any Governorate other than Amman, provided such a project creates at least 20 job opportunities and remains operational for at least three years.
The application process takes 90 days.
- The applicant fills out the naturalization form for Arabs and foreigners.
- The receptionist will check and verify the documents.
- Transferring the transaction to the Nationality Department for consideration.
- Addressing the concerned authorities to present the opinion and complete the responses.
- Addressing the Council of Ministers regarding the request for decision.
- After the approval of the Council of Ministers, approval is sent to the Civil Status and Passports Department to complete the procedure
Get more information by visiting the government website.
“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”