Italy Residence by Investment
March 21, 2019
Jordan Citizenship by Investment
March 21, 2019

Japan Residence by Investment

Japan is one of the best countries to live in and its aging population has forced the country to open up to immigration. Many people from China have made Japan their home and the country offers a path to business investors in Japan to receive temporary residence. Those that invest in running a business can obtain temporary residence in Japan. The application is free of charge and provides a 1- to 3-year temporary residence permit. Permanent residence is possible to obtain after 10 years of residence. Naturalization to Japanese citizenship requires 5 years of residence. It might seem strange but naturalization can happen faster than permanent residence in Japan as both have different sets of requirements.

Learn also about the Singapore Global Investor program. 

Learn also about the South Korea Investor visa.

Japan Business manager

Investment must be made in Japan and is estimated to be above 5,000,000 JPY. To qualify as a business manager for immigration reasons, you need:

  • To commence management of international trade or other business in Japan; or
  • to invest in and manage such business already existing in Japan or to engage in supervision of such business; or
  • to manage or supervise such business on behalf of a foreign national (including a foreign juridical person, hereinafter in this section referred to as “foreign national”) who has commenced management of such business in Japan or has invested in such business already existing in Japan.

Furthermore, the type of company you can start or invest in includes:

  • Companies listed on the Japanese stock exchanges
  • Mutual companies engaged in the insurance industry
  • Foreign countries or local public entities
  • Public interest corporations approved by the national and local governments of Japan

You can get more information in the government website.

“Our purpose is to provide information, so feel free to contact us if you need more. If you need professional help, let us know, and we will direct you toward a trusted expert in your area.”